At Ooralea Dental Care we strongly support giving everyone in our community access to great dental care, including our special needs patients. We educate parents and carers on to how to help with maintaining good oral hygiene and health for people who may not be able to care for their own teeth.
The provision of care for people with special needs is often complex and time consuming. Our dentists and dental professionals take into account quality of life, general wellbeing, maintenance and function. We also ensure open communication and understanding while co-ordinating with parents and carers.
Extended Care For Dental Patients With Disabilities
Our Dentists offer treatment to patients with a variety of special needs including those with a physical or intellectual disability such as:
- Chromosomal disorders (e.g. Down’s syndrome)
- Neurodegenerative disorders (e.g. Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, dementia, stroke victims)
- Developmental and behavioral disorders
- Motor disorders (e.g. cerebral palsy)
- Paralysis (e.g. paraplegia, quadriplegia)
- Brain injury
Please contact our friendly team today to learn how we can provide personalised treatment to you and your family. We will work closely with you to ensure that you have access to great dental care and are able to maintain good oral hygiene on an ongoing basis.